Skip to main content


Extending your home - Part 2 - Getting approvals

In a typical small project, there are two local government bodies that you, or your professional advisor, will need to satisfy with regard the design and construction of your new extension, these are, the planning department and the building control department. Formal applications may be required to either or both of these, if the work is to be carried out in compliance with the relevant legislation.

Read More

Extending your home - Part 1 - Building designers

Wish to extend your home but don't know where to start? This is a brief introduction, aimed at small home or business owners. It explains the relevant legislation that will affect your plans for development, and what you need to do to comply with it. Who to contact with regard to advice about services, what you can expect from them and what you should be aware of, when organizing the build.

Read More